
I’ve always been in the lookout for a good bargain but lately I started valuing the use of coupons! I used to always get a few here and there but I always either forget to bring it with me when I go to the store or end up throwing them away in fear that it’s going to make me buy things that I really don’t need.
Well, since the baby shower is now done and I have to make the rest of my purchases for the baby I’ve noticed all the different places and ways that I could save same extra $$$. It’s to the point where it’s all I can think about…how can I save an extra dollar or different cost-saving strategies. I carry the coupons in my purse and constantly play with them as if they’re a deck of cards. The other day I searched long and hard for baby wipes….yes, baby wipes! I was surprised that Babies R Us sold cheaper baby wipes than Wal-Mart and Target (of course I used a coupon but it was still cheaper even if I didn’t use it). I’m constantly pulling out my calculator and calculating the price/sq ft or item. It’s crazy how companies make such big advertisements and promotions on things that really don’t save you a penny but make you spend more (I don’t know why I’m surprised but I just keep thinking about all those out there that go for these so called “Sales” thinking they’re saving and really not….very misleading). I feel like a sucker when I get pulled into their schemes which then really annoys me because I work hard for my money and I hate seeing it get wasted because I was stupid or lazy to do my due diligence.
Tonight I’m going to Babies R Us to buy some furniture pieces with my 20% off coupon. I am SOOOO excited and I really hope I have no problems using the coupon. I read every fine print on the bottom of the coupon, called the store to make sure I understood some of the questionable disclosures and even read the Terms and Conditions for my membership so I am prepared to fight in case they tell me that I can’t use the coupon.
Well, since the baby shower is now done and I have to make the rest of my purchases for the baby I’ve noticed all the different places and ways that I could save same extra $$$. It’s to the point where it’s all I can think about…how can I save an extra dollar or different cost-saving strategies. I carry the coupons in my purse and constantly play with them as if they’re a deck of cards. The other day I searched long and hard for baby wipes….yes, baby wipes! I was surprised that Babies R Us sold cheaper baby wipes than Wal-Mart and Target (of course I used a coupon but it was still cheaper even if I didn’t use it). I’m constantly pulling out my calculator and calculating the price/sq ft or item. It’s crazy how companies make such big advertisements and promotions on things that really don’t save you a penny but make you spend more (I don’t know why I’m surprised but I just keep thinking about all those out there that go for these so called “Sales” thinking they’re saving and really not….very misleading). I feel like a sucker when I get pulled into their schemes which then really annoys me because I work hard for my money and I hate seeing it get wasted because I was stupid or lazy to do my due diligence.
Tonight I’m going to Babies R Us to buy some furniture pieces with my 20% off coupon. I am SOOOO excited and I really hope I have no problems using the coupon. I read every fine print on the bottom of the coupon, called the store to make sure I understood some of the questionable disclosures and even read the Terms and Conditions for my membership so I am prepared to fight in case they tell me that I can’t use the coupon.
i love coupons!!
ReplyDelete